House exterior is more prone to catch dirt than the interior. So, are you looking for a solution to maintaining its resale value or just trying to keep your vinyl siding clean?
We have got you covered with a complete guideline on how to clean vinyl siding with a pressure washer.
When Do You Clean?
In general, you should wash your vinyl siding every 2 years.
How Do You Clean?
People used to clean vinyl siding with soap, sponge and a bucket of water. Though it sounds so simple, in reality, it’s not. It can be very tedious and frustrating. But lucky for you, people now use a pressure washer. What is a pressure washer u ask?
Pressure washer also known as Power washer is a mechanical sprayer that shoots water stream at a pressure ranging from 750-30,000psi. This tremendous amount of pressure help removes dirt, grime, mold, etc. from various surfaces.
Which Pressure Washer Do You Need?
In general, there are two types of power washer. Depending on the types of power capacity can vary from model to model. But if you are only planning to pressure washing your vinyl siding or other small stuff. You only need 1500-2000psi for your most exterior cleaning.
Electric Pressure Washer: Ideal for a small or one-storied house. Its pressure power can be ranging from 1000 – 3000psi.
Gas Pressure Washer: This is a great choice for big places that need a high pressure washer. The gas-powered washer is mostly suitable for large houses, office, driveway, etc. Its capacity can be anywhere between 2000-4000psi.
Using A Pressure Washer
1. Always take necessary safety precautions before power washing an area. Like, wear protective clothes, googles. Always remember to stay off the ladders!
2. Before start washing, prep your work area so you can work with ease. That means take out any loose parts, move objects that can be damaged, remove any tripping hazard. Etc.
3. If you already have mildew problems, apply bleach treatment and wash it with low pressure sitting. Only then proceed with your regular washing.
4. In this step prepare your washing solution. And apply gently on the surface. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Always try to work in a small section, so it doesn’t dry out before rinsing.
5. After thoroughly rinsing it down, let the surface air dry.
Question: What is the best pressure washer to buy for home use?
Answer: For one-storied home, any power washer with around 2500psi will do just fine.
Question: What size pressure washer do I need?
Answer: It depends on your work area. Such as for most house exterior 1500psi is enough. But for the concrete surface, you will need a 3000psi power washer.
Question: Can I use dish detergent in my pressure washer?
Answer: Yes, you can. However, make sure to dilute it in water first.
Hopefully, this compact guideline has provided you with the necessary information on how to clean vinyl siding with a pressure washer.
BLACK FRIDAY SALE START NOW | 15% OFF ON BEST SELLERS "BIGFRIDAY" Dismiss